We understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. Because of that, this policy sets out what we do with your information and what we do to keep it secure. It also explains where and how we collect your personal information, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies to you if you purchase from us over the phone, online, through mobile applications, social media or other means. Your privacy is of the highest importance to us, and we promise never to release your personal details to any outside company for mailing or marketing purposes.
- All such information is held on secure servers.
- We comply fully with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation, and we’ll treat all your personal information as fully confidential.
What information we collect
When you shop with us, we will collect the following information:
- Your name.
- Your contact information including email address.
- Billing & delivery address.
- Product selections.
- Payment methods (we use third party reputable banking who handle transactions).
- Information about any device you have used to access our web sites (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address). If you use our websites, we try to identify when and how you use those websites.
- If you receive our marketing emails we capture whether a communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our Services.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to:
- Process your order.
- To deliver your order. Your name, address and contact details will be passed to one of our delivery partners/couriers. Little Bird Told Me requires all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable EU Data Protection and consumer legislation. Please note if an attempt to deliver an order to your address is made we reserve the right to take a photograph of the outside of the property to assure you we were in the right geographical location to fulfil your order, and confirm we had located the correct address. This photograph won’t be published or circulated, or used for any other purpose other than verification.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance.
- For statistical analysis.
- We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests.
- If you opt into our mailing list we may periodically send promotional emails about competitions, new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You can opt out at any time by using the unsubscribe button on the email or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If required to by law, by a public or regulatory authority such as the Police or other government authority, to provide information to them about you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Reputable third-party banking (including PayPal) and distribution institutions handle our credit card transactions and order fulfilment.
- They receive information needed to verify and authorise your payment and to process your order.
- All such organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Access and correction of your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you. This is sometimes called a ‘Subject Access Request’. Before providing personal information to you, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information. If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may ask us to correct it. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us as set out below.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more or to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulations and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
This policy was most recently updated in October 2018 in accordance with the GDPR.